Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a philips lcd tv, and since the last week, the

Customer Question

Hi, We have a philips lcd tv, and since the last week, the screen has started turning dark after running for about a min
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Is it possible to fix LCD tv screen issues like these?
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number found on the back of the set?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault condition is the menu dark too please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model number : 42PF9966/37
Yes, even if I hit menu on the TV's remote control, the screen keeps getting dark. If I change the TV channel, and then change it back, it returns to 'normal' view momentarily before switching back.

No I am just referring to the menu itself NOT what it does so if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault is the menu dark too?or is it nice and bright and normal?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, the menu is also dark (affected)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, I don't know if this is relevant, but the TV was working just fine until 2 weeks back, when we received our Roku 3. I feel it wasn't long after we hooked up the Roku 3 (with the wifi remote/headset) that the screen issue started. Would you benefit from a screenshot to diagnose this better?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this something that can be corrected?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Anthony, I recognize it might take you sometime to review problems, but can you confirm you are actively looking at this, and if yes, what can be done to correct this problem? If I dont hear from you, I am going to have to assume, no one is looking at this, and close my account.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anything?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks Anthony. Sorry, but this was not very helpful. Have a great day.