Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My name is ***** *****. I have a Mitsubishi 73" DLP and just

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Mitsubishi 73" DLP and just had lamp replaced 1 week ago and now all the background is green. Help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The edges of people all green and static looking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. There are a couple of different causes of a green hue to the picture. Please let me know if this is a solid green screen (no picture present) or if the image is present but with a green hue?

Also, if you grab the original Mitsubishi remote and press MENU, does the TV's MENU appear in normal color or also have this green hue?

These details are needed in order to determine what is causing this problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also has green hue
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Please elaborate with details as I am not there to see what you see. Please let me know if this is a solid green screen (no picture present) or if the image is present but with a green hue?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Color is good but all the edges to people and objects are a green static like background
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Okay, offhand this sounds like a fault in the DMD (formatter) board. However if you would like me to check this with certainty, then can you post a picture here- and also a picture with the MENU pulled up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also when you switch channels the background has always been black and now it's green and squiggly colored
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello are you there
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Yes I posted something above, you can explain and this sounds like a DMD formatter failure. If you want to repair this set and have me find the part it would really be better for me to see a picture of what you're seeing instead of simply interpretting text no?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

I need to see a picture of what you're seeing, I also need to see a picture with the MENU pulled up. Or, if we want to go based off your description- then you need to replace your Formatter board. That's about $300 at a shop, but the part itself can be located much cheaper than that if you're looking to repair yourself. There's not a pushbutton fix for this though that much I can tell you with certainty. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If the MENU is also affected, then the part below is what needs to be replaced (it formats the picture before being sent to the light engine to display):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-00-ld311g001-formatter-board.htm

This is only the case if the TV's native MENU also displays the same way, if the MENU is fine over a skewed picture then you're looking at a Digital Main fault.

These boards are all plug and play, but you would need to be comfortable removing the back of the set and replacing parts inside of the TV to do this.

If not, then you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.