Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sony TV model# KDL-46EX720 won't turn on the red LED is

Customer Question

my Sony TV model# ***** won't turn on the red LED is blinking 4 red lights This started following My daughter taking spray cleaner to the display.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what additional information do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I pulled the back panel off and the fuse is good. while being plugged in I hear an audible ticking almost sounds like a hard drive on a computer noise real faint coming from the top middle board on the back of the tv
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?