TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

TC-P50G10 TV is getting 3 blinking LEDs

Customer Question

TC-P50G10 TV is getting 3 blinking LEDs
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 7 months ago.

The 3 blink code indicates that your 3.3 volt supply is missing. Per Panasonic's fail code list, they say the A board is bad. My suspicion is that the 3.3 volt regulator is located on the A board as seen in the photo below. You've already replaced the P board, so the 15 Volt circuit should be delivering it's power to the A board.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I attempted to measure the voltage going to the A Board from the P Board but cannot get any measurement from my multimeter.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I be certain the A board is in-fact the problem? It's extremely difficult to get parts for these TVs now. So I want to make sure.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 7 months ago.

Is your multimeter broke or did you set it for DC Voltage, and used the {key testing point} RCA connections as your ground? The outside sleeve on RCA connectors is always ground, Always.

Next, you already replaced the power board, so your 15 Volts DC coming off that board should be supplying that 3.3 Volt DC regulator on the A Board.

That information is enough for me to order the A Board, but if you want further analysis...I'll see if Panasonic provided a circuit breakdown. But I think Panasonic only provides that part of the picture I posted above. I've highlighted the same picture showing the power supply route to the 3.3 Volt regulator on the P board to the A board in the picture below for both our sakes. 2nd picture shows Plug # ***** and P25 and the actual wire # ***** 15 Volts is on. Lastly the 3rd picture shows the 15 Volt signal connected to the 3.3 Volt regulator using the green highlighter as the path.

You can test any part, or all of the path as you see fit to do. If the TV shuts down too fast to read the voltages...there's not much you or I can do to defeat it long enough to read the voltage. You have to use an oscilloscope to see it in that case.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to order an A-board. Will attempt to fix and approve answer if that fixes it. Thanks.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 7 months ago.

See you in about a week then.