Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Samsung smart TV has sound but no picture when pluged in,

Customer Question

my Samsung smart TV has sound but no picture when pluged in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I plug my smart TV in and it shows power with just a blue screen the smart TV symbol doesn't even show up. I hooked it up to cable box and can get sound but still no picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Samsung smart TV model UN40H5203AF it worked for a few weeks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned this set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, are you saying the screen turns blue and sound starts AS SOON AS the set us plugged in- meaning you don't even have to press the power button?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply.