Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10 that does will not turn on and

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10 that does will not turn on and indicator light does not light up. Have checked power cord and internal fuse and both are working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Basically also want to know if it is worth having fixed
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Great on the DIY!

Let's consider this; the likely / proposed repairs would be rather simple/easy to implement. If not corrective, then all others would be a major repair. This then would help you decide whether to pursue further repairs or replace the unit.

If considering the preliminary DIY, please post back with a clear closeup picture of the power supply board.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately, we will have to continue this later. I will send you a closeup of the board tomorrow and we'll try to touch base when we are able.............
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

I understand; when able please.