Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have 12 grand kids and one stepped on my RCA Maven Pro

Customer Question

I have 12 grand kids and one stepped on my RCA Maven Pro tablet and broke the glass front. Is the glass available to replace it? If so, what does it cost and where do I get it?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I guess I miss understood. I have not gotten an answer, I want a refund of my monies.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Steve.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, or for any delay. The way the site works though is that we are all independent techs so answers are not instant, but happen more quickly once you actually start corresponding with an available expert such as myself. Please send only a single response and give us a chance to respond, as sending multiple replies minutes apart pushes you down the queue and delays the process even further.

The short answer is that your tablet is not fixable, at least not in any practical terms. You would end up having to replace both the glass and the digitizer (touch sensor) and possibly the actual display panel as well. These rca tablets are some of the lowest quality tablet products on the market and have extremely short lives and absolutely zero manufacturer support in any form. While the parts can be found sometimes on ebay, you would spend as much on parts alone as you would for a whole new tablet, and if you add in labor it most certainly is not worth it for a tablet product that typically has a service life of a year or less.

I would recommend replacing it entirely at this point with a model from a more reputable manufacturer. You can get an amazon kindle for as little as $50 that can do pretty much anything the rca can and it is much better built and better supported should you ever have a problem with it. Example: http://amzn.to/1RWdAfF

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Steve?