Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a Panasonic TV, TC P50S30. No sound. Mute is off.

Customer Question

Have a Panasonic TV, TC P50S30. No sound. Mute is off. Picture is crisp and clear. For the past couple days sound would not come on when TV was powered on. Shutting on and off engaged the sound. Today nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Satelli
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Nothing else that could be tried for sound ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

From what you are saying it does look like the problem is with the tv but it is always a good idea to test it with something else if possible

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok what do you mean, something else and how?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

something else like a dvd ,game ,an old vcr etc. connected to the tv to see if it does have sound with that .

That would be to eliminate the possibility that the sat. box is the problem .

If you can connect anything else for a test then reboot the sat. box by pulling out its power cord 30 secs and try it again , in the mean time turn the tv off and back on only after you plug back the sat. box

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Let me know how that goes and if still no sound then i have a few options for you

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Still with me ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Need to get my wife to work. I have to try later after 12 est. how do we reconnect? Is there a help ticket number?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Just bookmark this page or create a shortcut on the desktop.

In the mean time i will give you an alternative solution as this does look like your tv`s audio circuit is the culprit.

The audio circuit is located on the main board and is not repairable separately which means the whole board has to be replaced and if you are not into repairing this yourself then you are looking at perhaps $250+ in repairs at home and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself.

For that type of money you could buy yourself a nice sound bar , you can get a very decent one for $100 .
That would fix this problem along with giving you a better sound than original with the tv speakers alone and that can could even be used with future tv sets.
That is the workaround most often used nowadays.

This soundbar would connect directly into the satellite box .

Note that a small amplifier and speakers would do as well if you have that handy.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you