Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Not quite sure how I got to you. Is this a free service? I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, not quite sure how I got to you. Is this a free service?
JA: The TV Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I know I'm just having the situation with my universal remote to my Philips TV. I can't get it to turn on this morning no matter how I manipulate the day and controls. Can't find a way to get the button that shows the TV is coming on to even light up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I guess I'm not ready to advance to a technician in less I'm got some idea of the cost involved and method of payment Pearl
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you do understand that this is not a free website and as Pearl has said , I do expect to be paid for my time and this is done by rating my service positively.

Now if you are still with me , before we proceed I must say that I cannot promise a repair , after all I cannot be there with tools and meters if that is what is required.

What I can promise is that you will have a clear understanding of the problem and the means to effect a repair with my help or better yet your tv will be working after this chat, .

Now the first thing I would need is the tv`s model number if you wish to proceed

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says Phillips along the bottom of the casing but the materials we have say Samsung UN40D5003 40" LED
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

You mean it says Philips on the tv itself ?

If so then you have the wrong manual , I need the model number for the tv we`ll be working on .

Look on the back cover , it will be there

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if it's easier to talk, Jack, I'm open to that too. Just want to get this done as inexpensively and quickly as possible! Appreciate your help. I am such a neophyte when it comes to technology...once this remote gets screwed up, I am a sunk ship!
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

you probably received a phone offer, it was automated from the web site ,not from me and its costs an extra $18 website charges

We won`t need it for now anyway

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Please do look that Philips TV's model number ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jack, we can end our interaction right now. When I manipulated the TV in the cabinet to turn it around to get the information you wanted, the damn thing came on! We must have some loose wires for crying out loud. So cut me loose, and my bill, and send me whatever kind of survey I need to do for you. I really appreciate your time!
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Jack.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

No problem and check your power cords