Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TCL Roku picture is upside down after I replaced 2 defective

Customer Question

TCL Roku picture is upside down after I replaced 2 defective circuit boards. Help ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. What 2 circuit boards did you replace? Was one the Mainboard? And if so, where did you purchase it from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One was the power supply board , other board had the rca inputs on it ... Boards were sent to me from TCL... When you look at the settings , tv info shows to be a 40 inch
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. The issue is with the Mainboard (the one with the AV jacks on it) having the WRONG software from the manufacture installed on it- that is why the pic shows it's for a 40"- even though your TV is a 55".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I update the software and fix the upside picture ?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the only people that can change the software on the board is the manufacturer. This is in the service menu of the mainboard and it allows TCL to select the screen size which is what reverts the picture to the correct orientation. This is not a user fix and since TCL sent you the board, then you will need to contact them and diligently request they update the software on the board in order to work in your set. I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get in the service menu ?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Again, only something TCL can do. Since you got the board directly from them and it's not setup for your TV, then call them and send it back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did call TCL earlier and they advised it was a setting that needed to be changed and that a tech would call on Monday .... Trying to get it done before that ...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Understood, but since TCL, or a TCL authorized service center are the only ones privy to accessing their proprietary service menu, this is something that needs to be done by them I'm afraid. Sorry for the bad news here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are unable to help me fix this problem