Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Why does my samsung ue55d8000 keep restarting?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Probably there is either a short circuit that causes the TV to shut down or re-start... or some other problem.

I would advise you - if you have some electronics skills and skills with the use of a volt meter - to obtain a service manual for this model or model line, so as to guide you in finding the actual problem. It might cost a little, but could save you quite a lot in tried-replacement-boards costs.

I need to ask: Was there, or is there now, a 'flash code' when you first power On the TV? if so, note it down (e.g. 'blue light flashes 5 times' or similarly) and let me know what it is. That can be an important indicator as to what is going on, or what is going wrong, in the TV.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have taken apart the tv to expose the led side strips. The bottom 25 leds of both sides are not illuminating hence the dark bottom of the screen. I believe the tv is is going into a safe mode because it knows there is a fault with the led's.

Or a fault with regard to the power circuitry feeding that section, or... most likely perhaps... a short circuit in that branch of the power circuit. Check for that, I advise.