Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Why does my samsung ue55d8000 keep restarting?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Probably there is either a short circuit that causes the TV to shut down or re-start... or some other problem.

I would advise you - if you have some electronics skills and skills with the use of a volt meter - to obtain a service manual for this model or model line, so as to guide you in finding the actual problem. It might cost a little, but could save you quite a lot in tried-replacement-boards costs.

I need to ask: Was there, or is there now, a 'flash code' when you first power On the TV? if so, note it down (e.g. 'blue light flashes 5 times' or similarly) and let me know what it is. That can be an important indicator as to what is going on, or what is going wrong, in the TV.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have taken apart the tv to expose the led side strips. The bottom 25 leds of both sides are not illuminating hence the dark bottom of the screen. I believe the tv is is going into a safe mode because it knows there is a fault with the led's.

Or a fault with regard to the power circuitry feeding that section, or... most likely perhaps... a short circuit in that branch of the power circuit. Check for that, I advise.