Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Mitsubishi 65 in rear projection TV has been

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi 65 in rear projection TV has been working great for years last day or so when I power it on green power light comes on for like 10 seconds then shuts off I never get a pisture
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: picture
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is WS-65313
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

The tv is shutting off because of an internal circuit protection, meaning there is a failure that requires diagnosis, parts, and service. If you have experience with things like using a meter to test live voltages and soldering then reply back here for more details on a DIY repair.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have experience using a meter and soldering
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

-Unplug the tv power cord for 3 minutes.

-Plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on the tv.

-AFTER the tv shuts off, go up to the front panel, press and hold the MENU + INPUT buttons until the LED on the front begins blinking in a repeating pattern.

-Report back with your pattern.

Some example blink patterns are:

-2 blinks pause 2 blinks repeat

-3 blinks pause 4 blinks repeat

-3 blinks pause 1 blink repeat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The results are below-2 blinks pause 2 blinks repeat
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

This is convergence circuit failure. Very common and done this repair hundreds of times. This diagnosis costs $125 from a local repair shop. This repair costs $350 to $400 from a local repair shop.

Thankfully there is a kit with all the parts and all the instructions for only $66:

CLICK HERE FOR KIT WITH PARTS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Before you go please click the 3 to 5 stars at the top of the page so that I get credit for helping.

Thanks.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still require assistance, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?