Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My LG TV goes off on it own and I have to turn it manually.

Customer Question

My LG TV goes off on it own and I have to turn it manually. It does this every 2-5 minutes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Please this TV goes off on its own. I thought it was the power cord, so I bought a new cord, and amazingly it worked for 3 days without the problem. And then the next morning whiles I was watching it, POOF.....it was gone. Help me please!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Yes, sometimes when I unplug the power cord, and turn on the TV....it does not show picture, just sound, so I have to turn it off again before I get picture for a few minutes and then it shuts down on its own. Its so frustrating to me, help me please. I have no money for a new one.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number found on the back of the set ?and the sets approx age thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
50PA4500-ZM. Ive been using it for 2 years now

OK thanks

When it goes off is the power-light lit as though its dropped to OFF ?so that is usually red?or is the power-light blinking?or is it not lit at all?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The power light is on when it shuts down.

OK but is is lit as though its still ON but you have no pic no sound OR is it lit as though the set is OFF?this is very important please so if you do not know please find out thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. It shuts down, but the red light is on. So I have to use my remote to turn the picture on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
helloooo

Sorry lost connection

OK that is for sure the set tripping please let me know when you are back here, my connection is good now

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello. i am here

OK

In a nutshell you have a problem with one of the boards in the set likely at this stage to be the power or mainboard now to move on with this will need you or someone you know to do the work (with my help) of identifying what board is bad and replacing that board let me know if this is something you can consider.

If not then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

I am sorry its nothing easier

Let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hi

Do you still need help with this please?

If we are good could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar at the top of the page please so I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question remains open ALWAYS

Anthony