Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I bought a 42 inch, model JLC42BC3002, it was working

Customer Question

I bought a 42 inch, model JLC42BC3002, it was working perfect. I unplugged it packed it in it's original box put it in my car and brought to my new lake house. When the cable company came out to install cable, we hooked up the TV and it had lines running through the entire picture screen! We hooked up a 24 inch and the picture was crystal clear. Any suggesstion?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Those lines , are they horizontal or vertical ?

If you open the tv`s own menu , does it cover this or you can still see them ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Just tell me if the lines are horizontal/across and that will do

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hello ??

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If the lines are horizontal and cover/show over the menu then i would not know what happened but the panel went defective , that is for sure.

It doesn`t take much and you don`t even have to bump it , just flexing it while carrying will do it.

Repack it ,don`t say a word about the move and return it to the store as DOA right out of the box.

If they are vertical then you probably got some connectors that got loose on the t-con board

Either ways return it as DOA

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you