Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have recently returned our Sky box to Sky and cannot get

Customer Question

We have recently returned our Sky box to Sky and cannot get the television to work.
The model is Panasonic Viera model no TH-P42U30Z.
The message on the screen was- No Channels Found-Please check the aerial or local
signal availability Prees OK to start Auto Tuning.
None of this worked I inspected the aerial on the roof and at socket in the lounge and
every thing seemed OK.
I have however notice the SIM card is missing in the TV would this be the reason.
Best Regards Brian
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello Brian

Brian you can't tell if you are losing signals simply by looking, you will need to try another set at the same aerial point and see if that works, if it does we know the TV is faulty and can move on from there

Let me know the results of that check, the only other way is to buy a signal strength meter from maplins for about £15, the meter will indicate if there is signal or not

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anthony,
Ticket No.3001493.
I have finally found someone to loan me a TV to test if I was losing a signal as you suggested and at the same aerial point.
Although, the screen was a little bit 'Snowy" the signal was strong on the borrowed TV and following messages were shown"Intelligent Picture" and "Need Picture Adjustment "Would this suggest that the signal is OK from the outside aerial to the aerial socket.Regards Brian

Brian you should not see snow on a modern set as the signal is digital and no its not conclusive from what you just said, snow is only seen on the old analogue system which should now be gone where you live?

Brian how is this working out please?I am sorry for the hassle but one has to be eliminated from the other the TV from the aerial

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony