Have TV Questions? Ask a TV Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
When the set first powers up, does the Mitsubishi welcome screen display?
Also, are there any blinking lights on the front of the set?
Where did you purchase this lamp from and for how much?
Thanks for the reply. That lamp could very well be the issue, as Mitsubishi sets are only rated for Genuine Osram lamps (which are generally in the $100 range).
However, you're saying the light goes to solid GREEN? Not Red?
Also did the light do the exact same thing with the old lamp?
Okay, since there's lots of trouble codes and things that can go wrong on these sets, I will need some specifics from you.
1) Unplug the TV and plug it back in then press power.
2) Listen carefully near the lower rear of the set and tell me if you can hear:
- The fans fire up.
- The ballast softly click and buzz trying to spark that lamp.
- When does that light turn steady green?
Okay sounds good.
I'm sorry but if you're not in the room with the TV while we communicate, I won't be able to help as I need more details. I will opt out and open the question for other experts to assist.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?