Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

One moment while I read of someone else's similar problem

Customer Question

one moment while I read of someone else's similar problem w/sony
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: RE: 2007 Sony Bravia tv red blinking light. I don't have the manual so plz tell me where to buy the lamp and how to change it. Joani Lendahl
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please postback with the model number off of the back of the TV?

The Lamp is specific on the model of Sony you have (there are about 5 different lamps it could be). So, that model number would be needed to find you the correct lamp.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok. one moment
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay no problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model # *****
Serial(###) ###-####manufactured April 2006
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
oops! Model starts with KDL 40S2000
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Yes I am here thank you. Sorry but that Sony is an LCD and doesn't have a replaceable lamp.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already spent $23 for your non solution. What is the meaning of my flashing red light?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

SO somehow the fact that your TV doesn't use a lamp is my fault? On this particular set, that blinking light would be a code used by Sony to tell a technician what is wrong. There would be a pattern to the blinking so count the blinks between pauses and let me know what you get. (for example 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, pause, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm not comfortable continuing with you on this since you mentioned my "non-solution" for asking you some basic questions about your TV. I will opt out and perhaps someone else will assist here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If that's it just you wait for my report on how you coerced me into spending $23 knowing full well you couldn't provide a solution!!!
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You posted saying your TV needed a lamp. I asked for a model since you didn't provide one. So not sure how you can say I knew "full well" I couldn't provide a solution.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***