Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Hooking up a stereo sound

Customer Question

hooking up a stereo for surround sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, please postback with specifics since we have no way of knowing what stereo you're referring to or any of the other equipment you have in your system.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please don't post duplicate questions- as you're charged additional for each one.

Instead, reply back with the following:

1) The Brand and Model of the Stereo.

2) The model number off of the back of the TV.

Chances are this won't connect the way you're thinking and with the model numbers, I can give you exact details.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TV Sony 55 Bravia Stereo LBTD290 Sony
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Once more please- the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of the LG is NEEDED for this. Can you get that please?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Chances are your LG TV uses a digital audio output instead of the RCA red and whites that older TV's used. If your TV is within 5 years old then it uses Optical and requires a converter. That converter connects to the Digital Audio out jack on the back of the TV using an optical cable. Then the other end of that cable connects to the converter below. From the converter you can then use stereo RCA red and white cables to connect to your Sony shelf system.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

The converter is at the link below for purchase:

Along with that you will need an optical cable, which can be purchased at the following link:

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.