Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I believe my IR sensor in my Pioneer Pro 60X5FD is t

Customer Question

I believe my IR sensor in my Pioneer Pro 60X5FD is t working. My remote doesn't work whatsoever to control the tv. The batteries are fresh in the remote I tried programming another remote - that didn't work either. I sure it's the IR in the tv. What part do I need to replace it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Tom.

Before we jump into parts replacement, have you actually tested the remote yet?
Trying a programmable remote is not always helpful from a diagnostic standpoint, if you don't know with certainty that it is one which worked on the tv before.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

I'll advise on parts if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Tom?