Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a 48" 2007 Pioneer Plasma TV. Original cost around

Customer Question

I have a 48" 2007 Pioneer Plasma TV. Original cost around $5,000.
Have see some burn or pixel deterioration about 2" × 4" in the screen, unfortunately close to middle. Overall picture still first class & great. Any ideas to remedy the problem, hate to lose this set.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

Unfortunately there is no good news to tell you. Burn in or bad pixels are not repairable. No matter what you might read about running patterns on the screen etc, it's all false hope. The only fix is to replace the entire display panel which would cost more than a new 50" tv.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,