Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My TV is older. If it's not worth fixing how can they tell

Customer Question

My TV is older. If it's not worth fixing how can they tell me. That for 25.00.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a flat screen 46 in. When you go to turn out on it flashed 3 yellow lights and then a green but a picture never appears
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not home. It a toshiba.. I can get the. Model # ***** I have to call. Home for it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Here's the thing- you can fix the set for this problem yourself by purchasing the Mainboard (3 yellow blinks points to a Mainboard fault on a Toshiba LCD set). As the board is plug and play and generally only costs around $100 tops for the part (well worth the cost to have the set working again) and can be replaced with no soldering or special tools. If you're looking to do this yourself, I will NEED the full model number off of the back of the set to even see if the part is available.

However if you're not looking to repair this yourself, then a shop will generally charge $300 parts and labor for this repair and that is not cost effective as the set can be replaced for the same money.

There isn't any sort of pushbutton fix for this problem though and it does require replacement of the Mainboard to fix the issue.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you see my reply.