Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Turned my Mitsubishi tv on and it is making a clicking noise

Customer Question

Turned my Mitsubishi tv on and it is making a clicking noise and
there is no picture, only a blank blue fuzzy screen and no sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

I would also require the tv`s model number please ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Could you please give me the TV's model number so I can pull out the service manual and then I will send you the phone offer .

Right now I`d be working blind

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi are you there I have no response and do not have a phone number to call it takes a lamp number 915B403001
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Quite a few models use that lamp and this is definitely not a lamp problem .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this another 18 dollars for a phone call?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

That's correct and it is not from me , those are the website charges so if you`d rather continue in this chat it would be fine with me

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Actually have a manual for your tv , not too many models uses that lamp and they all have the same chassis anyway

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what other info do you need.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Is the status light blinking at the front ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it is a steady green color
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then there s no error code .

Is it still clicking ?

Does it keep clicking or stops after a while ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

In any case from what you are telling me you got a defective power board , you got some serious voltages missing in there and what you hear is more than likely the color wheel trying to start .

This affects the whole system , video , audio,control etc.

Sorry but this is not just some reset , someone will have to get in there with meters and if it ever turns out the power supply is not the culprit then the only other possible suspect would be the main board.

Difficult to say for sure as I cannot be there with tools and meters but one thing I can say for sure is that for either fault you are looking at some $300 /$350+ to have this repaired at home.

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Still have questions on this ?