Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

After 4 years of perfect service, we rturned the tv on and

Customer Question

After 4 years of perfect service, we rturned the tv on and had no sound. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You mentioned the cable remote so you do have a cable box and as they are notorious for sound problem the first thing to try would be a reboot .

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .