Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Have a Pan TH42PX25 that has black screen (failed in use)

Customer Question

have a Pan TH42PX25 that has black screen (failed in use) and blinking power light (I think 12 blinks -pause-repeat. Figure it's a troubleshooting code...but no look-up table to see what it means. Local TV repair shops are poorly rated. Set has been great for a long time. Fixable??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: We are having some home renovation and there has been a lot of dust floating around...i think that =might cause some problems (?)
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Could you please verify for sure that it is 12 red blinks pause 12 red blinks?this is very important for diagnosis thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Back in a flash..well its either 12 or 13. Goes like this:
--power on..screen lights..HDMI shows up
--screen goes black...power light begins to blink
--"blinks" 12 times...but ends and pauses while lit
--starts another cycle
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looked again...think it is most likely 12 blinks.

I am afraid its one of those things you have to be sure about otherwise the diagnosis will be wrong.......

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then make it 12.

That blink code is a tuner supply issue the supply volts is going bad at the tuner so realistically a board within the set will need to be replaced, if you think you can do this work yourself please let me know I will provide all the necessary info for you to do that.

If you are not comfortable with that then yu will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please let me know if you can do this or need more help thank you

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If the work does not require specialized gear, I might be able to handle it. Please provide info on doing the job. Any notion of tech cost for such a job?

You may need to be able to use and have a volt-ohm meter

Also if you have got the blink code wrong then it will lead to wrong work being carried out

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a meter. I am pretty sure on the blink number.

Sorry you do NEED to be sure on the blink code otherwise I am going to dedicate a lot of work if you are not correct and I can tell you off the bat that a 12 blink code is rare usually its 11 or 10

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As I said, it is 12 or 13...there are 12 distinct blinks and one more that holds steady to start the new cycle. How should I count that ? For sure its not 10 or 11.

Its the blinking ones you need to know the stop light is just indicating the next phase of blinks thanks so it is 12

OK just give me 5 mins or so to get together the info on this thanks

http://snag.gy/Htuo8.jpg <<CLICK

You see the PA board that is the board most suspect here however first I nee dyou to take a voltage check meter set to DC red probe of meter on PIN 33 of PA2 on the PA board black lead to metal chassis now get someone to switch TV on does the voltage go high here

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now I need a bit of time to get back off and find my volt meter...

ok

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We are in the middle of a home renovation project here and my tools are not where I can get to them night now. Let's go back to the part where you can aim me at a reputable tv repairman in my local area...FWIW, I am not going in to NYC for this situation.Thanks...jb

Hello

www.tvrepairpros.com <<<<click

www.tvrepairman.com <<<click

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

PS please remember the rating so I receive credit from the site thank you

Hello

Do you still need help with this please?let me know

Many Thanks

Anthony