Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

T v picture keeps going black and i have turn the t v off

Customer Question

t v picture keeps going black and i have turn the t v off and on to get the picture to come back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

When it goes black if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

OK this second check involves using a flash-light, get the flash-light and during the fault shine it onto the screen at a 45 degree angle pick up the TV remote and press the menu button do you see the menu below the light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is in a different room it's down stairs and i can't go up and down the stairs very fast ' i'm 68 years old and i have a bad nee problem

OK I understand , I believe the back-light is going out a common issue with LCD sets its controlled by invertors and its these the power-board and poor grounding that needs to be checked inside the set using a meter, if you think you can handle the work yourself I will be very happy to help otherwise you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help\further clarification

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much will all this cost me. i can't pay very much

Do you mean to fix the TV by a technician?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm not very good at typing on this computer i would like to know how much would it cost to get it fixed.

Around $200_$280 depending on things like if a board needs to be replaced

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

PS please remember the rating thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't afford too call you

No please take no notice of the offers

If you need anymore help please let meknow

Anthony

Please note I do not receive any credit until you rate the answer positively with the rating bar at the top of the page thank you

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony