Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Toshiba Regza suddenly turned itself off last night and

Customer Question

Our Toshiba Regza suddenly turned itself off last night and won't turn on again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The cable box is still working. It has been very windy and we thought that might have caused the problem, but our other TV is working fine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: There was no warning. There was lightning in the area, but the TV did not flicker. It went off when there was no lightning. The TV was made in 2008.
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to help, I need to ask you for some more information.

1) Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the TV? Or if not, at least the rough screen size and whether this is a DLP (replaceable lamp), Plasma or LCD set?

22) Are there currently ANY signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit or blinking, click sounds, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Are you still with me?