Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a definite 1" horizontal bar (or band) across the

Customer Question

I have a definite 1" horizontal bar (or band) across the screen of my TV set, located approximately 5% below centerline. Bar tends to be black at times showing green vertical lines in it when scene on TV has darker shades of grey or if menu is displayed. If picture has bright colors, bar tends to also display some of the bright colors Bar is always present in every condition; i.e., with or without signal, in AV mode using HDMI input, or when menu is displayed.
The information in the bar seems to be video that lags behind (by a few seconds) the current information on the rest of the screen. All other functions of the TV appear normal, including the remainder of the display where the bar is not present.
5
5 below cent
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. There's only two things that can cause this bar, and both are hardware failures in the set. In many cases the T-con board (LCD timing controller) is the root cause, since you did mention the info on the bar lags behind, and in others it's the LCD panel itself which is not replaceable. In the field there is no real way to test between the T-con and the panel itself without simply going by the symptoms and then swapping out the T-con. Based on your symptoms, that is what I would do. Are you looking to repair this yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The T-con board (LCD controller) for your set can be purchased at the link below for around $20, but per Shop Jimmy "A horizontal line on the screen is virtually never caused by a bad T-con board". However in some cases they are, and where you mentioned the video lags behind a bit, then there is a solid chance the T-con could be the root cause:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-37t05-c92-t-con-board.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.