Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

On pro-1130HD may have accidentally disconnected a cable.

Customer Question

on pro-1130HD may have accidentally disconnected a cable. Both the plasma display and the media receiver on lights and standby lights keep flashing. No tv picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

When did the issue occur- were you connecting/disconnecting something to the set when this happened?

The reason being, is that this either indicates a disconnected or loose cable, or is a hardware failure in the Media receiver box (the AV Input box).

In order to try and correct it, and as a TEST to see if the issue is in fact- hardware related, you must perform the following steps. If you cannot then the only other option is to call a tech.

1) Disconnect the Plasma display (PDP) and the Media Receiver (MR) from power.

2) You will need to carefully remove both ends on both sides of the system cables. There are two- one is wider and has more pins than the other.

3) Inspect the ends of both cables and make sure there are no bent pins. If there are, use needle-nose pliers or a small flat-head screwdriver to straighten them out.

4) Carefully reconnect both ends of the cables making sure they are secure. If you're unable to see the connectors clearly- use a hand held mirror and a flashlight to identify where they go.

5) Plug the PDP and the MR back into power, cross your fingers and attempt to turn the system on.

Let me know what happens please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you are, then please tell me what color the lights on the both the PDP and the MR are flashing and we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you needed further assistance with this?