Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have an Emerson LF461EM4 that won't power up. A red light

Customer Question

I have an Emerson LF461EM4 that won't power up. A red light comes on but that is all. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is all. I checked some of the voltages out of the Power Supply and there is voltage but without schematic don't know if they are correct.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No unit is dead except that the red LED is lit at bottom of TV.
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the power light turn function according to push power button?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Power light comes on when you plug unit in. Doesn't change when power button is pressed.
Not sure how old unit is. Belongs to a friend.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems main board internal failure and most probably EEPROM chip has failed that stores TV firmware data (TV internal software) which isn't booting up so nothing appear on TV screen.

Please replace main board of TV which will help to resolve the problem, check with following supplier link to get replacement main board or search/google it to get better price and stock info..

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.