Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have sound not picture, lost power

Customer Question

I have sound not picture, lost power
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, how long have you owned it for and are there ANY signs of life on the set at all (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E5001-AO, 3 YEAARS POWER LIGHT ON, SOUND WORKING NO PICTURE
TV has power, it was the electricity tthat went out
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Okay, in order to determine what's caused this (it can be the "Source", the HDMI cable or the TV itself), please grab the original Vizio remote (not the cable remote) and press MENU. Will the TV's native MENU display on the screen?

If not, then shut the TV off and turn it back on. Does the Vizio welcome screen display?

Let me know what you find please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
menu is up, no welcome message
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that doesn't line up If the MENU shows up the TV's welcome message should too. But that doesn't matter. Since you ca get the MENU up, then we've got two culprits- the TV's Mainboard, or the source. What source is connected to the TV- is it a cable box, SAT box, DVD player?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cable
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

A Cable Box I assume right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, we're likely going to have to connect another source- like a DVD player to see if the TV or the Cable Box are the root cause of this if the reboot doesn't work. But for now, shut the TV off and unplug your cable box from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Once it's back up turn the TV on and let me know what you see on the screen (if anything).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works thank you!!!!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Excellent and I am glad to hear that! You're very welcome :-) If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?