Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I lost the remote supplied by Direct TV('t ask) called them,

Customer Question

I lost the remote supplied by Direct TV(don't ask) called them, was told to go BEST BUY and purchase a specific remote-did so. After giving it my retired banker best and likely making things worse I am begging for help. The volume is providing no sound and there is no picture altho there was a fine picture w/o any volume. I am afraid I made things worse by my amateurish efforts and blindly not knowing what I was/am doing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lew Walters ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I will do my best to help you, but I will need to ask you for some specific information in order for me to sort this:

1) Can you tell me how the DirecTv box is connected to the TV (HDMI cable, etc.)?

2) When you turn on the TV does the LG logo display on the screen?

3) If you press MENU on the original LG remote, will the MENU display?

4) How long have you owned this TV for please (roughly- over a year or under)?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this Lew?