Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot get back to "Normal" on wide mode. It skips over

Customer Question

I cannot get back to "Normal" on wide mode. It skips over it. My mold numbers KDL 26M4000.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Skip the TV's settings, and proceed as follows please since the issue is DirecTv's box and not the TV (I've seen this hundreds of times).

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help once you're able to see my reply.