Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an old 32 inch Zenith tv. I haven't used it in a

Customer Question

I have an old 32 inch Zenith tv. I haven't used it in a while, but today when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't turn on. Not with the remote nor manually. I switched electrical plugs but nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no, It is about a 2000 year model. And I haven't turned it on in over a year
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the powerboard located
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first thing I checked was the outlet. I then switched to a different outlet. So I know it is getting power. .

Please get me the model number found on the back of the set, if its a CRT sets then its the same thing only instead of power-board it will be power-supply area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
b27a30zc

Is it a CRT set (bulky) or a flat panel please?nothings coming up for that number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a crt set

Yeah its same scenario but we would be looking in the power-supply area if you can use a meter I can help you with that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now what

Yes you will need one, please note this question never closes there is no time limit on it so if you get\can use a meter please come back here the chassis of the set needs to come out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, but it will be a few hours.

Take yoiur time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are talking about a power meter? To see if there is electricity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't want to buy the wrong kind
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, a multi-meter would be needed to check the (internal) power supply circuitry. Please click HERE.

Let's rule out the basics; proposed preliminary check on continuity (if have not been done) of:

• • AC power cord;
  • • fuse.