Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Just purchase smart tv 58' model# sld58g45rq. was trying to

Customer Question

Hello just purchase smart tv 58' model# ***** was trying to fix speakers hit surround sound. and tv went black. but sound was still on. hit menu and hit off and on. nothing happend.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

In order to determine what's happened, I need to ask for more info.

1) Is there some sort of surround sound/home theater receiver connected to the TV?

2) When using the original TV remote, if you press MENU, or Input will these indicators display on the screen?

3) What is connected to the set for sources (Cable Box, DVD player, etc.)?

Please reply back with details and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know when you are able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
a sound bar is hook up, No indcater on screen. Yes cable box
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Make and Model of soundbar?

Also Cable Box is connected where- directly to the TV, or to the soundbar?

Using an HDMI cable?

Please elaborate as there's hundreds of soundbars and about a dozen way for this to be connected. We need details to sort technical problems please.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

So there's NO TV indicators on the screen when you use the RCA remote? That's not good news as there's no settings in the TV that will prevent the TV's own MENU's from displaying- since you can't access them if you can't see them.

Is this TV brand new- as in right out of the box?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Standing by....if you need assistance please simply reply back.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you need more help with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The sound bar is a magnavox . But i was talking about the surround sound on the tv set . Iam using HDMI. I was trying to change sound on tv.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Okay, can you check a few things for me:
If you press the menu button on the tv itself (not the remote) does that produce any image on the screen?
If not, can you hold a flashlight to the screen in a dim/dark room and let me know if you can make out any part of the image that way?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I am at work i just wanted to get some ideas what to do when i get home.I can do that later. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tv is right out the box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

No problem at all, take a look when you have a chance and let me know. I can give you a call after that to guide you through.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok Thanks!
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome (sorry I have to make the last post here or I won't be notified when you return later)