Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Actually know the main power pcb has out resistor trying to

Customer Question

actually know the main power pcb has burnt out resistor trying to get prices replacement board however only because after my bauhn atx50fh3 led had sound no picture replaced both pcbs being main power and inter .. pcb where has sound board on board and hdmi etc connect now have power no sound no dim picture as expected have put usb with firmware in nothing really getting to me could back light stuffed to but found why blew daughter had put hdmi cable in and ripped out by lead and pushed it back together can see marks on pcb on hdmi 2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: also another member of family was playing with new remote gpo was switching tv on off over I heard it that's when lost the screen. Have had 35 years teaching in electronics by my dad was a aviation electronics engineer but he has passed can ask any more
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?
I would also require the tv`s model number please ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

That number you gave us doesn`t seem to be a valid model number

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just go to it definitely BAUHN ATV-50FHD3 really made by AWA for Aldi
Have a Bauhn ATV50FHD3 originally I heard from another room tv going on and off when I looked out a family member was testing out new remote control GPO and placed one on the TV I raced out yelling you don't turn LED tvs on and off like that when I turned to look noticed no picture but had sound. I loved to tinker and fix computers etc my dad was an aviation electronics engineer taught me heaps but he is no longer with us so I'm on my own trouble shooting. I checked out both boards at back being one I definitely know as a main power pcb and other some say its an interrupt power board and some said its integrated pcb must be that because the hdmi ports, usb port arial AC points are on this board when I inspected them couldn't see straight up any burnt parts or swollen capacitors on closer inspection noticed discolouring at hdmi 2 point. I ordered new main power and integrated pcb a month later finally get moment to change over boards now I have power no sound no picture switched off lights check see anything on screen or light from back none, only thing I can think of is back light but when problem happened had sound. I believe you need service pack or firmware these days just like I am used to with PC's Aldi emailed me the firmware downloaded and unzipped to new usb. I inserted usb into usb port tv plugged in power saw blue on switched off itself no pic no nothing how backlight go after fault