Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52628. It was working fine until I

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52628. It was working fine until I moved it. Now all it will do is the green power light will flash for about 1 minute, stop and than blink 3 times. I changed the bulb, TV came on for about 1 minute than went off. Now it will not come on again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

These sets have a handy error report system so when the set totally shuts down and ONLY then please hold down on the set itself the INPUT and MENU button buttons for more than 6 seconds the light in the front of the set will blink a two piece code like 2 blinks followed by 3 blinks as an example, please let me know this code thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. TV is at niece's house. I will check it later today.

OK let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. When TV is plugged in power light flashes for about 1 minute. Than 3 times. When holding the Device & Menu button for over 6 seconds nothing. The power light does start flashing every couple of minutes than goes off after flashing 3 times.

It is not meant to "work" please its a test

So its blinking a code, so again it will be a code of two cycles of blinks like 2 blinks followed by 3 as an example so please let me know that blink code thanks

Anthony

Please only carry this test out after the set shuts down otherwise it wont work for the job it has to do thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is shut down. Pressing the Device & Menu button does nothing.

Did you hold the buttons down for more than 6 seconds please?if not please do that thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did 10 seconds. Nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to go out. Will check back with you later.

OK that is odd

Is this exactly the same issue as before you replaced the lamp?

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same issue as before I replaced the lamp. TV was working fine until I moved it to my Niece's house. Green timer/power light flashes fast for about 1 minute. Stops than blinks 3 times.

OK something has obviously happened in transport so you will need to get the lower-back of the set off and have a look, the set is not reporting an error its just not booting up so have a look inside for anything obvious like a loose cable and let me know before we move on with it

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the lower back of the set off and could find nothing. Still same issue will not power on. Has a fast blinking power light when plugged in for about 1 minute. I noticed I have been charged $25 dollars and I am NOT 100% satisfied as you could not solve my problem. Would like a refund. Thanks.