Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have the same issue with a LT-46164 and know it is the

Customer Question

I have the same issue with a LT-46164 and know it is the Main Board. Can you tell me what components are defective on the board? I have a full shop and can do SMD , BGA, and all other soldering. There does not seem to be any schematic I can get my hands on if you know where to get also? The board does work on composite connections and the coaxial works as well. I know that there is a fix as there is a guy on EBay that will repair for 175.00, but I can do myself. I replaced the Broadcom BGA IC and a few Aluminum caps however that did not accomplish anything. I can troubleshoot with a schematic or get the parts if you know of the fix. It is a common Mitsubishi problem with all DLP TV's. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Without a schematic, there is no way for either of us to really diagnose beyond the board. But the most likely culprit on these would be the capacitors. If you don't see anything obvious physically (like a blown MOSFET), then I would consider replacing the caps. It's a cheap ateo and has a better than 50% chance of fixing the problem IMO.