Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Ellaina my sony bravia won't power on it has a red light

Customer Question

Ellaina my sony bravia won't power on it has a red light blinking 7 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is the first time it has happened simply won't power on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi thanks KDL-40XBR2
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info, 7 blinks red power light error code indicates Audio section problem in this TV, it means either sound processor chip or audio amp chip is bad or speaker wires are short/ touching metal frame of TV or sound circuit isn't getting working volts from power supply board etc, AU board has all audio circuitry in this TV.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If problem persist then it needs further troubleshooting with voltmeter to determine what is causing the problem to get it replaced which will help to resolve the problem. Please reply back if you have voltmeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV to assist you further and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.