Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tc-p55gt30 has gone into shutdown mode ... unplugging it

Customer Question

my tc-p55gt30 has gone into shutdown mode ... unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't rectify anything
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does power light on TV blink?

- If so, how many times it blinks between long pauses?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
7 times
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info, 7 blinks is common error code that indicates failure of sustain board(s) in TV, mostly SC board goes bad and some times SU or SD board also go bad along with SC board, I'm sorry for this news.

Please reply back if you wish to troubleshoot and replace the defective boards in TV to assist you further and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote around $200 to $300...
http://tvrepaircanada.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.