Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Red power jight just flashes, tv will not turn on.

Customer Question

red power jight just flashes, tv will not turn on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The red light blinking on a Panasonic set is actually an error code- and it should blink in a pattern of blinks and pause. For example: 10 blinks, pause, 10 blinks, pause, etc.

Can you please count the number of blinks between pauses and let me know what you get?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ten
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ten blinks are you there?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you posted less than a minute ago and I'm typing to you.

Okay, 10 blinks is a communication failure inside of the set. This monitors the Power Board and Mainboard and in most cases requires service (testing inside of the set and replacement of the offending board):

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Oh, nevermind. You already had a question going with Nathan, and posted a duplicate. I will opt out of this one and you can continue with Nathan on your first question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hurra, thanks a lot its working
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Aricthanks, ***** *****