Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a sharp lc-40d78un liquid crystal tv. all at once it

Customer Question

Hi. I have a sharp lc-40d78un liquid crystal tv. all at once it lost picture. all cable seems fine and other tvs are getting picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the tv on at all ?

Or is it just the picture that you lost ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything seems normal except no picture. two steady lights are on. on the lower right side.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then you mean that you still have sound on this tv for example ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all sound and cable images/wording is there. all other tvs get picture and are normal. seems to be this tvs display
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Cable wording ?

You mean that the screen is actually lit ?

If so then reboot the cable box

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that once but I will try it again. maybe I missed a step.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

DO YOU SEE THE TV~S OWN MENU ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry , caps lock on

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

opt out is wrong as well , website acting up

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you can see the tv`s own menu and everything else is working then you got a defective cable box , no two ways about that.

The tv cannot discriminate between the wordings and picture , it shows what it receives

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is working. I noticed the plug to the cable box was not all the way in socket. after rebooting, everything is ok. THANKS for your help.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.