Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our NetFlix is inaccessible, suddenly: we have working

Customer Question

Our NetFlix is inaccessible, suddenly: we have working internet, ethernet service and our carrier Telus thinks it is something to do with the TV. We have lost the Manuel so have no idea how to reset.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

NetFlix is inaccessible - that's the key.

First on your TV do you at least get the Netflix startup screen, then it shows the spinning wait sign? If so your TV is connecting to Netflix but it can't connect to your Netflix account. If you don't get Netflix's startup screen, then your TV or router is at fault.

If that's the case, FIRST try connecting to any of your FREE sites on your TV. Weather, Sports, News sites are always a good test. And you SHOULD reset your router and try those sites again if they don't connect.

Then go back to Netflix and see if you connect or have to sign on. And sometimes I'll go to Netflix on my computer, sign on and see if my account needs to be reset.

That's how I usually isolate Netflix issues. Divide the problem, isolate it to One of the 3 culprits I listed.