Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought Sony TV Headphones. I'm trying to hook them up. My

Customer Question

I bought Sony TV Headphones. I'm trying to hook them up. My TV is a Sony model #KDL
X700. It does not have a phone jack. What can I do to hook up the TV earphones?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Your TV uses Red and White RCA jacks labeled "Audio out" on the back of the TV as well as a Digital "Optical Jack". In order to use the Headphones with the TV, you need an adapter cable. This cable plugs into the Red and White Audio outs on the TV, then the single 1/8" end plugs into the Headphone base transmitter. The cable can be purchased at Radio Shack, Best Buy, or at the link below:

https://jet.com/product/detail/564b371385ce4f77af28a7225c9d6106?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_electronics_a3:electronics_accessories_cables_audio_video_cables_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&abkId=403-562630&gclid=CjwKEAiA9om3BRDpzvihsdGnhTwSJAAkSewLiUMMX5PPEVy3rKjaB3olzQ2W4uneRpP8Gf_Pv0KuYRoCEBXw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?