Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My name is ***** *****, I have a Polaroid 373B. I just

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****, I have a Polaroid 373B. I just replaced the main board and powered it up, I get audio but no video. What would be the problem here? What info do you need from me to troubleshoot this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure I had replaced the power supply a few months ago and finally got a decent one working after troubleshooting it... After that I replaced the main board and now I get the light in front lighting up red then blue when I power up Unfortunately I'm only getting audio and novideo I've checked all the voltages on e power supply with my trusty multi-meter and they're all good
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

If all input types are affected in the same way then suspect a fault with the replacement main board.

Where did you obtain the main board from? Does it work in a different TV?

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jose, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I purchased it from a reputable dealer with whom I've dealt with before. Before the main board replacement nothing happened, I didn't even have any lights come on. After I replaced it I had sound and the led in from would go from red to blue when I pushed the "on" button. I have ordered a replacement t-con board to see of that fixes the problem since I'm getting sound and the back light comea on but no picture. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok, do let me know if you need anything else.

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time :)

Pete.