Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an LG tv model 50LA6230 it comes on by itself stays

Customer Question

I have an LG tv model 50LA6230 it comes on by itself stays on 1 chanel but it continually scrolls the numbers of the tv stations in the top left hand corner. Regards ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

This does point to a hardware failure in the set in most cases, more specifically within the Mainboard of the TV which generally requires replacement of this component to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.