Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Lg 42lv550t - suddenly went black screen and no audio, No

Customer Question

Lg 42lv550t - suddenly went black screen and no audio
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No backlight visible and no image with the "torch test" - main board heat sink warm though
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does power indicator light on TV acts normally on each press of power button on TV or its remote, like TV turns On and Off etc?

- Any idea how old is the TV?

- Do you get standby volts at power supply board of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Power indicator light functions correctlyTV is around 4 years oldDo you mean voltage at the processor board from the power board ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info, yes, standby volt goes to main processor chip to function and I hope it would be fine as power light function correctly that means standby volts are available and main controller chip is working but video-audio processor section of same chip has got internal failure and causing the problem.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket to cut the AC supply to TV for 10 minutes to get it reset, replug back in and check?

If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be main board failure where main processor (controller and video-audio processor) chip is mounted and replacement of main board in TV will help to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.