Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am looking at this LG TV on Amazon.com. LG Electronics

Customer Question

I am looking at this LG TV on Amazon.com. LG Electronics 55EG9600 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) I need to know if it is HDR capable. If not, what is involved in getting firmware update to make it HDR capable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. In short- Yes, the current software update for the LG 55EG9600 updates the TV to be HDR capable. This is automatically done as soon as the TV is setup and connected to the internet- the TV will perform a software update within 5 minutes of being turned on, and the HDR as well as any other software patches LG has will be updated to the TV automatically.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.