Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have Dish Network and a 42" Sony TV that is about 1 year

Customer Question

I have Dish Network and a 42" Sony TV that is about 1 year old. For about the last three weeks, a black rectangle (7"X14") appears in the lower r.h. quadrant that says "A new software update is available. Do you want to update now? There are three rectangle below with "Show Details", "Update Now" and "Update Later". "Update Now" is highlighted. But I can't find any buttons on the remotes or on the TV to affect this communication. The Dish tech said it wasn't dish. I would like to let it update and get off the screen. Getting it off the screen is the main priority. Can you help me? The model # ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

Do you have the original Sony remote there?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **