Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an element tv but no remote how can I set up the tv

Customer Question

Hi I have an element tv but no remote how can I set up the tv to a cable box
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The volume was going down by itself now I need to reprogram the tv without remote
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Model number is *****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. It most likely would be easier with a remote? Would you like me to provide you with a link to purchase a replacement?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok what about the volume it wants to turn down by itself
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please provide me that link
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

You most likely have the Auto volume set, and that can be accessed by the main menu from the menu button on the TV. Are you familiar with that?

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Here is the LINK for your remote.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Still with me?