Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My cable is plugged in to HMDI 1, but every so often the

Customer Question

my cable is plugged in to HMDI 1, but every so often the picture goes out and comes back. Then HMDI pops up. HMDI 2 stopped working. Why does this flashing picture happen?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Thomas.

What is the complete model number of the tv?
The issue could be an internal tv hardware issue (bad/failing main board), which would explain hdmi2 no longer working. It could also be from a bad cable or faulty cable box.

Initially, please unplug power to your cable box for 60 seconds to reboot and let me know if that helps, as well as the tv model.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model# *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Did you reboot the box?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

And presumably no change?
Can you test another device (dvd player, game, etc) on the same hdmi1 port to see if it blacks out periodically too?